Friday, May 11, 2012

Random Books

I was recently in the New Age section of the Barnes & Noble at Union Square.  Their New Age section is not the most impressive but then again when is it? ;-)  Two men entered the section and started talking about the quality of the books.  I overheard one of the men say, "You're defintiely not going to find books here with any good answers."  It's very easy to assume that, especially with Barnes & Noble.  When we think of B&N we usually think of slick main stream books with less quality for good reading.  Yet I was somehow turned off by the snobbery of this man.  In the past I played a fun little game with myself.  I would find a book and open it up at random.  The lines I found myself reading were definitely related to an issue I was going through at the time.  This game was inspired by the book, "A Guide For The Advanced Soul" by Susan Hayward.  The book literally instructed you to open the book at random and there would be a quote on the page you opened to that would have your answer from the Universe.  

After I heard that man's comment I challenged myself.  "These books have no real answers ay?" I thought to myself...   I let my intuition grab a book from the shelf and opened it at "random"  Low and behold the lines on the paragraph I let my eyes rest on had a great insight on an issue I was going through at that present moment.  I regret to say I don't remember the quote.  

However! In the spirit of the book, "A Guide For The Advance Soul" I will now go to my own bookshelf,  choose a book, open it up at random and write in my blog what I read.  One sec.....

"Knowing is a divine state, yet the grandest joy is in being.  Being is achieved only after experiencing.  The evolution is this: knowing, experiencing, being.  This is the Holy Trinity - the Triune that is God." - Conversations With God, Vol. 1

Yes, many times I have meditated on this state of "Being"  The only thing I truly "know" about it from my "experience" is that it transcends mind on a very profound level.  Such a state of Being resonates deep within your soul and radiates outward as if you are completely melding with everything in life around you.  I experienced this just recently at my group healing at Nurtured Spirits in Warwick, NY.  I gave a powerful group healing and afterward I had a wonderful discussion and intuitive counsel with all the people who attended.  I felt so confident and in the moment.  It was a true and blessed zen moment.  :-)

So it would seem the Universe wishes me to meditate more on this particular issue.  The memory of the state of Being I experienced at the group healing resonates in my heart as I write. This I sense is no coincidence.  It's a reminder that the wonderful Beingness I felt in Warwick is my most truest and Highest Self and I should strive more to embody that in my everyday life.  

For those of you who may be inspired to play the game of "Random Books" my only advice is to trust yourself.  To open a book and find a quote that's exactly for you requires putting your mind and doubts aside and letting your intuition do the walking.  It may take some practice.  Good luck and blessings to you!

No comments: